Moreover, the dewatering systems fulfil the additional function of transporting materials from their place of origin to their disposal point. ABZ screw compactors and ABZ spiral conveyor compactors meet these requirements in every respect and provide optimum benefits with a low space requirement. The type of dewatering and conveying task and the material characteristics play a decisive role in selecting the appropriate unit. While shaftless spirals are insensitive to clogging and can reliably convey long-fibrous and bulky materials, screw compactors can achieve higher levels of dewatering for the same size of installation.
The material to be dewatered passes through a funnel or an upstream conveyor unit into the receiving area of the compactor. The spiral conveyor pushes the material carefully into the dewatering chamber. The dewatering chamber is equipped with a perforated floor or jacket for draining off the pressed out liquid. The pressing resistance is generated by an adjustable valve or cone system, or determined by a permanently installed friction conduit. The dewatered solids leave the compactor automatically and can be ejected into a downstream conveyor unit or collection vessel.
- Many years of operational experience
- Space-saving, low-wear design
- Dewatering levels of up to 50%
- Insensitive to shock loads
- Insensitive to clogging
- Spirals and screws made of special steel
- Individual material selection
- Extensive application expertise from various branches of industry
- Supplementation and coordination with upstream screening machines